



Well, it's that time again. Time to rid the youngest child of his most prized pacifier. After seeing an episode on Supernanny about the Pacifier Fairy coming, I decided it just might work with Spencer. He's VERY strong willed so I figured I had to come up with a way that he thought he was in control. Daddy and I have been telling him all about the fairy coming after he turned three to prepare him. I decided to do this while John is away because at least only one of us would be sleepless if it's a huge battle. So tonight when he got up from his nap, I reminded him that it was the last time with his pacifier. Then a bit later I asked him if he was ready to give the pacifier fairy all of his pacifiers and she would bring him a special toy for being so brave! We decorated a box with her name on it and put all of his BILLION pacifiers in it and left it outside the front door. At bedtime I had to then explain again what was going on because he was asking for it. After hearing it again, he said okay and went right to bed. NOT EVEN A FUSS!!! I am totally amazed! It's morning now and he woke up very happy (unusual, he usually takes 30 minutes before he's happy) and was ready to find the present that the Pacifier Fairy left him. He is very happy with his Mini Cooper car that opens up into a racing track with a bunch of mini cars.




1 comment:
We FEAR this day... it will be soon! We DID survive first dentist visit with flying colors! :) At least we are only down to binkis at night and nap. We have two months max and we will call the "binki Fairy". UGH!
Post a Comment